When making decisions about how you and your partner, spouse, or co-parent will move forward, it makes all the difference to work with a skilled mediator. Follow the links below for information about how we work with couples, co-parents, and families.
Going through a divorce is stressful – regardless of whether or not you want the divorce. There are many decisions to consider, yet it’s sometimes hard to focus on them given the strong mix of emotions you may be experiencing. Just when you need to be able to talk to your spouse, it can be especially difficult to do so.
Mediation helps ease the stress; it can protect you from the damage that so often occurs in a litigated or adversarial divorce. If you have children, mediation helps you build new structures for successful co-parenting, and bring closure to your roles as spouses.
There is much to decide and plan for:
- How to divide your money, property, and debts
- What financial support between you might look like, if any
- How to manage health insurance and life insurance
- What to do about taxes
- If you have children, how to share parenting time and financial responsibility
- If you have pets, what plans will you make for them
When you work with us, you’ll have the guidance of our skilled mediators to help you:
- Consider and discuss your immediate and future needs, concerns, and goals
- Identify and gather the information you need to make informed decisions
- Brainstorm options and consider proposals
- Consider what-if scenarios and develop backup plans
- Document your decisions
We customize our services to fit your needs – while always working to create a safe, comfortable space that fosters productive conversations. Some people begin a conversation at the mediation table and continue their discussions between sessions; others prefer to save their discussions for mediation meetings.
At the end of the process, we will draft a comprehensive Memorandum of Understanding that specifies the decisions you and your spouse made in mediation. We encourage each of you to have an attorney review, on your behalf, the agreements you have made; we are happy to assist you in finding mediation-friendly attorneys for this review and for the preparation of your final documents.
We can help you create a plan that works for both of you.
To schedule a complimentary consultation where you and your spouse can each learn more about the process, please call (617) 621-7009 or use the link below.